Neoscientists Playstation 2 development
We are a small group of people dedicated to freelance/homebrew development on the Playstation 2. So far we are in no way connected to commercial PS2 development.
Starting in 2002, our work is based on the findings resulting from
- using the Linux development kit
- using the RTE ELF loader to run our own executables instead of Linux
- reading the Linux kernel sources
- writing a kernel module for disassembly
- disassembling ROM calls
- reverse-engineering games
- using tools from the homebrew PS2 scene
- and finally, porting our own operating system to the PS2.
So far we have released to the public